Optimizing the Google my Business listing of your villa can have a massive impact on your business.
A well optimized top 3 villa listing gets 2-3 times the number of enquiries as compared to competitors.
Haven’t made a GMB listing yet? Guide to Create Google Business Listing
Here’s how you should optimize your villa’s GMB listing in 2022
Access your villa’s GMB listing on Google and click on ‘Edit Profile’.
- Business Name
- Having the right keyword in your villa’s name can have a dramatic impact on the google ranking.
- Google has strict guidelines to use the exact name of your business, if you legally register your villa’s business name with the keyword. It can really boost your rankings!
- Note: Do not add a keyword in your business name, if it isn’t legally present in other registrations too. Abuse of Google’s policies may lead to suspension of your listing.
- Business Category
- Choose the right primary category based on what other villas ranking in your area are using. Mostly, the best choice is to use “villa”.
- Make sure you use the same keyword in your website as well.
- It is also important to add all additional categories that apply to your business. Go through all of them and add all the relevant ones. Eg. Hotels, Holiday Home Rental
- Use GMB Everywhere chrome extension to find out the business categories used by your competitors.
- While it is important to include your villa’s relevant details in this section. It is possible to include keywords as long as they are used naturally.
- eg. Villa in [Location]
- Add photos of the villa’s exterior, interior, common areas, team (caretaker).
- Use the best photos of your villa as the logo and cover photo.
- Always try to collect positive reviews from your happy customers. This not only helps your ranking, but also helps new customers trust you.
- Note: Incentivizing customers for a good review is against Google’s policy and may lead to suspension.
- Quality Backlinks
- It is important to get backlinks to your villa’s website from local bloggers and travel related websites. This helps google trust your villas listing and in turn boost your ranking.
- Having a dedicated website for your villa helps because you can post blogs that can get you backlinks.
- Question & Answers
- Search for your keyword on google and more often than not you will find a “people also ask” snippet. Pick up the relevant questions and answer them in the context of your own villa.
- search for [ Book villa in Location ]
While optimizing your villas google business listing try to prioritize your customer & provide accurate information.